Affordable Quote and Trade Data for Nasdaq BX
BX Basic is a new proprietary data product that provides quote and trade data for all exchange-listed stocks based on liquidity from the Nasdaq BX (BX) execution system. As the BX market continues to set records in trading volume and market share, more firms are looking to BX for efficient and cost-effective trading. BX Basic provides essential data for this growing pool of liquidity.
BX Basic carries the best bid and offer quotations and last sale data for all issues traded on the BX venue including Nasdaq-, NYSE- and other regional exchange-listed securities.
Benefits & Features
The BX Basic entitlement offers a flexible and affordable way to provide customers with essential trading data on the BX execution system. It is designed to be an easy-to-administer alternative to Level 1 and CTA data.
To facilitate data processing, Nasdaq will use the same file formats for the BX Basic product as with the Nasdaq Basic product.
The product offers:
- Direct Access – Get data directly from BX and other regional exchange-listed securities traded on BX.
- Flexible Implementation Options – Can be deployed in a wide variety of investor tools including Watch Lists, Portfolio Trackers, Equity Top Ten Lists, Dynamic Tickers, Alerts and Intraday Charts, among others.
- Accurate Data – Based on the growing pool of liquidity from the BX execution system.
BX Basic provides the following key data elements covering the full range of issues traded on the BX execution system including Nasdaq-, NYSE- and other regional exchange-listed securities:
- BX Last Sale (BLS) - Tick-by-tick price and size information for orders executed within the BX execution system.
- BX Best Bid and Offer (BX BBO) – The highest bid price and lowest offer price, with associated size, available within the BX market.
- Market status information, including Trading Halts and Emergency Market Condition (EMC) event messages.
Data Delivery Options
To create a BX Basic entitlement using direct data feeds, firms will need to process the following two BX proprietary products:
- BX Best Bid and Offer (BX BBO) – This new BX proprietary data feed will provide the highest bid price and lowest offer price available in the BX market system on a real-time basis covering the full range of issues traded on the BX execution system. BX BBO is offered in multiple network protocol options, including TCP/IP and UDP/IP. For the full range of issue types in the standard TCP/IP and UDP/IP protocol options, the BX BBO bandwidth recommendation is 22 Megabits (Mb) for each data center connection. A compressed TCP/IP feed option is available for firms looking for the lowest network cost option.
- BX Last Sale (BLS) – This new BX proprietary data feed provides real-time trade data from the BX execution system covering the full range of issues traded on BX. For the standard TCP/IP and UDP/IP protocol options, the BLS bandwidth recommendation is 2 Mb for each data center connection. A compressed TCP/IP feed option of BLS is also available.
Nasdaq is also working to make the BX Basic entitlement available via the major market data vendors. Please contact Nasdaq Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307 or +45 33 93 33 66 for more information.
Currently there is no charge for this data.
Agreements & Forms
To order this data on a stand-alone terminal/controlled display product, end users or end-user firms should contact their market data vendor for the appropriate agreements and forms.
To initiate this data on a data feed, firms must submit the appropriate documentation and receive prior approval from Nasdaq:
- Data Feed Request Form - Required for all firms
- Nasdaq Global Data Agreement - Required for all firms prior to initiation of the first Nasdaq data service only
- System Application - Required for firms only if the data will be displayed or used in a system that is not yet approved by Nasdaq
For the complete list of Nasdaq and UTP market data agreements and forms, please refer to the Nasdaq Global Data Products Agreements and Forms page.