Join the 1,000+ firms saving an average of 65% off their Level 1 fees
Nasdaq Basic is a proprietary data product that provides a low cost alternative to the other Level 1 offerings. Nasdaq Basic provides Best Bid and Offer and Last Sale information for all U.S. exchange-listed securities based on liquidity within the Nasdaq market center, as well as trades reported to the FINRA/Nasdaq Trade Reporting FacilityTM (TRFTM).
- Cost Savings – Save an average of 65% off Level 1 fees with flexible pricing options focused on lower per-user rates.
- Upgrade Delayed Users – Nasdaq Basic is an affordable way to upgrade anyone at your firm still using delayed data.
- Accurate BBO and Last Sale Source – A reliable, accurate option for financial professionals that are not directly executing trades nor require detailed depth.
- Administrative Savings – Consolidate all of your U.S. exchange data into one easy-to-administer feed.
- Flexible Implementation Options – Can be deployed in a wide variety of investor tools including Watch Lists, Portfolio Trackers, Equity Top Ten Lists, Dynamic Tickers, Alerts, Intraday Charts, among others.
Nasdaq Basic provides the following key data elements for all U.S. exchange-listed equities:
- Nasdaq Last Sale (NLS) – Real-time tick-by-tick price and size information for orders executed within the Nasdaq execution system as well as trades reported to the FINRA/Nasdaq TRF.
- Nasdaq BBO (QBBO) – Real-time best bid and offer, with associated size, available within the Nasdaq market center.
- Nasdaq Opening and Closing Prices – The Nasdaq Official Opening Price (NOOP) and Nasdaq Official Closing Price (NOCP)—the industry standard reference prices—based on the Nasdaq Opening and Closing Crosses and the Nasdaq IPO/Halt Crosses.
- Other Value-added Data – Includes market status information including Stock Directory, Emergency Market Condition (EMC) event messages, System Status and Trading Halt information for Nasdaq-, NYSE-, NYSE MKT, NYSE Arca and other regional exchange-listed issues.
- Data Feed Request Form - Required for all firms
- Nasdaq Global Data Agreement - Required for all firms prior to initiation of the first Nasdaq data service only
- System Application - Required for firms only if the data will be displayed or used in a system that is not yet approved by Nasdaq
Market Data Vendors: Nasdaq Basic is available from the following vendors.
Don't see your data vendor? Contact them and ask for Nasdaq Basic to start saving!
*S&P Capital IQ - Coming Soon
Nasdaq Direct Data Feed Products: Trading firms and market data vendors may create a real-time display by processing direct Nasdaq data feed products. Nasdaq Basic is offered as a Data Feed, Web Application and as a Webservice, which delivers data in XML format. For detailed technical documentation for Nasdaq's direct products, please refer to the specifications page of the Nasdaq Trader website.
Enhance Your Basic Display with NLS Plus
In addition to the real-time data for Nasdaq and the FINRA/Nasdaq TRF that is already included in Basic, NLS Plus offers real-time trade-by-trade data from Nasdaq BXSM (BXSM) and Nasdaq PSXSM (PSXSM) trading venues. The NLS Plus feed also carries consolidated volume on a real-time basis for Nasdaq-listed securities and on a 15-minute delayed basis for NYSE-, NYSE MKT-, NYSE Arca- and other U.S. regional exchange-listed securities. By combining all Nasdaq U.S. markets' last sale data with consolidated volume, NLS Plus provides customers with a comprehensive yet affordable data set to use in display products.
Agreements & Forms
To order this data on a stand-alone terminal/controlled display product, end users or end-user firms should contact their market data vendor for the appropriate agreements and forms.
To initiate this data on a data feed, firms must submit the appropriate documentation and receive prior approval from Nasdaq:
For the complete list of Nasdaq market data agreements and forms, please refer to the Nasdaq Global Data Products Agreements and Forms page.
FINRA™, Trade Reporting Facility™ and TRF™ are trademarks of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.