Monday, September 21, 2009
UTP Vendor Alert #2009 - 10
NASDAQ SIP Modifies the Implementation Date for the New UTP Participant Identifier Codes
- UTP Quotation Data Feed (UQDF)
- UTP Trade Data Feed (UTDF)
- OTC Montage Data Feed (OMDF)
- NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307
What you need to know:
- As announced in UTP Vendor Alert #2009-9, BATS Exchange Inc. and Direct Edge have officially petitioned the UTP Operating Committee for new UTP participant identifier codes for UQDF, UTDF and OMDF.
- The NASDAQ SIP has received several requests from the direct data recipients for additional time to implement these new UTP Participant Identifiers. In order to facilitate this request, the SIP will modify the implementation date and will begin supporting these new codes as of Monday, December 14, 2009.
Why is the NASDAQ SIP postponing the UTP Market Center Identifiers implementation?
The NASDAQ Securities Information Processor (SIP) has received several requests from the direct data recipients for additional time to implement these new Unlisted Trading Privileges (UTP) participant identifier codes. In order to facilitate this request, the NASDAQ SIP will modify the implementation date and will begin supporting these new codes as of Monday, December 14, 2009.
Why is the NASDAQ SIP adding these new UTP Market Center Identifiers?
The UTP Operating Committee has received official requests from BATS Exchange Inc. and Direct Edge to be assigned new Market Center Originator ID codes for UTP Quotation Data FeedSM (UQDFSM), UTP Trade Data FeedSM (UTDFSM) and OTC Montage Data FeedSM (OMDFSM). Both participants are in the process of filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for exchange registration status.
How will this affect the UTP data feeds?
Based on the UTP Operating Committee requests, the NASDAQ SIP is preparing to technically support the following three new Market Center Originator ID codes as of Monday, December 14, 2009.
|UTP Participant ID Code||UTP Participant Name|
|Y||BATS Y-Exchange, Inc. (BYX)|
|J||EDGA Exchange, Inc. (EDGA)|
|K||EDGX Exchange, Inc. (EDGX)|
Where can I find technical specifications for the UTP data feeds?
The UTP data feed specifications may be accessed via the UTP Participant Support page, as well as the Market Data Specifications page on the NASDAQ OMX Trader® website. For your convenience, links to the UTP data feed specification documents are provided below.
- UQDF Format Specification Document
- UTDF Format Specification Document
- OMDF Format Specification Document
When will I see the new UTP participant codes on the UTP data feeds?
Technically, the NASDAQ SIP will be prepared to support the new UTP participant codes as of Monday, December 14, 2009.
Please note that December 14th is the date that the NASDAQ SIP will be ready to support the new UTP participant codes. It is not necessarily the date that the UTP participants will begin operations. It is the individual participant’s responsibility to secure the necessary SEC or other regulatory approval as well as to coordinate customer testing prior to launch.
How will the implementation date change affect the testing schedule for UTP data feed recipients?
The NASDAQ SIP will extend the evening testing schedule for this UTP data feed release. The NASDAQ SIP will begin the evening format testing of the new UTP participant codes on Monday, October 5, 2009, as previously planned. The NASDAQ SIP will continue to broadcast the evening test data through Friday, December 11, 2009. As is the standard practice, the NASDAQ SIP will broadcast the evening format test data from 9:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Eastern Time (ET) on the UQDF, UTDF and OMDF production multicast channels.
In addition, the NASDAQ SIP will be prepared to support weekend testing opportunities as requested by the new UTP participants beginning in October. Please note, however, that the NASDAQ SIP is dependent on the UTP participants to enter data during weekend user acceptance tests. Once the new UTP participants schedule weekend tests, the NASDAQ SIP will coordinate testing notifications to the market data community with the dates and times.
Where can I find additional information?
- For questions regarding the UTP Data Feeds, please contact NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307 (Option #4).
- For information on the BATS Y Exchange, please refer to the BATS Exchange website.
- For information on EDGA and EDGX, please refer to the Direct Edge website.