FINRA/Nasdaq Trade Reporting Facility
Benefits and Features
Features of FINRA/Nasdaq TRF Include:
- 10-second trade reporting for all U.S. Equities
- Automatic submission to clearing
- Special functions such as Step-outs/ins and Explicit Feefunctions
- Using our intuitive front end, Weblink ACT 3.0, you can query for and research trades in real time
- Same-day trade confirmation and reconciliation to executing party and contra party
- Complete front-end trade reporting and trade management via Weblink ACT
- Industry standard Compliance Tool Suite
- Trade-Through Violation checks via Reg Recon
- Limit Up-Limit Down violation checks via Limit Locator
- Short Sale Circuit Breaker violation checks via Short Sale Monitor
- Match/Compare functionality to facilitate broker-to-broker transactions
- Locked-in trade confirmation within 20 minutes of execution
- Reliable, trusted technology
Benefits and Features not Supported by Competition
Features of the Competition do not Include:
- Special functions such as Step-outs and Explicit Fee functions (not supported by competition)
- Limit Up-Limit Down violation checks via Limit Locator (not supported by competition)
- Short Sale Circuit Breaker violation checks via Short Sale Monitor (not supported by competition)
- Match/Compare functionality to facilitate broker-to-broker transactions (not supported by competition)
Revenue Sharing Program
The FINRA/Nasdaq TRF distributes revenue based on the same formula as the Securities Information Processors (SIPs) - based directly on shares and trades reported. Firms qualify for tiers on a per tape basis according to each firm's reported market share of total trades reported to the FINRA/Nasdaq TRF for each quarter, in each tape. Firms' tier qualifications are evaluated each quarter for that period's payout.
Currently, the FINRA/Nasdaq TRF shares back at 98% and 95% at the top tiers. The competition shares back at only 90%. Using the competitors system could cost your firm thousands of dollars a month in revenue sharing.
Connectivity Options for Trade Reporting
|Web Based Front-End||Industry Standard - FIX||Nasdaq Proprietary Method - CTCI|
|Weblink ACT 3.0 2013 Web based method for trade reporting, trade scan, taking action on trades and more.||FIX 2013 Users can connect to us electronically using FIX.||CTCI2013 Users can connect to us electronically using CTCI.|
Complete Suite of Risk and Compliance Products
Post-Trade Risk Management
Nasdaq Risk Management provides clearing firms, executing brokers and sponsoring firms a comprehensive view of their firms' activity in all Nasdaq markets. We offer various methods for clearing firms to view and manage their customers' and their own trading activity.
The front end to tool provides:
FINRA™, Trade Reporting Facility™ and TRF™ are trademarks of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.