Friday, November 07, 2008
Data News #2008 - 85
NASDAQ OMX Advises NOII/BookViewer Website Subscribers to Migrate to the NASDAQ DataStore by January 30, 2009
Please Route to:
- Subscribers to the NOII/BookViewer Website
What you need to know:
- NASDAQ OMX will be retiring its legacy Net Order Imbalance Indicator (NOII) and BookViewer (https://noii.nasdaq.com) web-based interface at the end of Janauray 2009.
- NASDAQ OMX is advising all NOII/BookViewer customers to migrate to the NASDAQ OMX DataStore on or before Friday, January 30, 2009.
- By moving to NASDAQ OMX DataStore, customers will benefit from:
- Enhanced BookViewer display that includes NASDAQ market participant attribution.
- Enhanced portfolio feature for NOII widget.
- Better system performance for NOII/BookViewer data.
- Continued access to the Top List page.
- Ability to access NASDAQ OMX’s new analytical products, such as Velocity and Forces and Market Pathfinders, from the same web-based interface.
- Improved billing and payment options for customers.
- Please note that the information contained in NOII/Bookviewer web product is currently and will remain available as part of the TotalView data feed product following the completion of the migration.
Who you should contact for additional information:
- Contact NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307.
Why is NASDAQ OMX migrating NOII and BookViewer customers to DataStore?
The NASDAQ OMX DataStoreSM offers direct customer access to innovative products including NASDAQ Market VelocitySM and Market ForcesSM, NASDAQ Market Pathfinders and NASDAQ Market Replay. For NOII/BookViewer customers, the DataStore offers enhanced data screens and better system performance than the legacy website.
What display improvements will I get by moving to DataStore?
NASDAQ OMX DataStore offers the following features not currently available on the legacy NOII/BookViewer website:
- Ability to view net order imbalance data for both the NASDAQ Opening and Closing Crosses for the full range of NASDAQ-, NYSE- and Amex-listed issues for up to 6 business days.
- Ability to export NOII values directly into a MS-Excel spreadsheet from the DataStore.
- Ability to view the NASDAQ market participant identifier (MPID) associated with each order on the BookViewer display.
- Ability to aggregate displayable orders by MPID as well as by price level.
Since the DataStore operates on a newer system platform, customers are likely to see processing improvements over the legacy website for the NOII and BookViewer displays. To simplify the billing process, NASDAQ OMX offers a credit card payment option for DataStore.
Will I be able to access Top Lists on DataStore?
Yes. In preparation for the customer migration, NASDAQ OMX added the Top List feature to the DataStore on October 21, 2008.
When is NASDAQ OMX retiring the legacy NOII/BookViewer web product?
NASDAQ OMX will cease support for the legacy NOII/BookViewer web product (https://noii.nasdaq.com) at the end of January 2009. All NOII/BookViewer customers must complete the transition to the DataStore product no later than Friday, January 30, 2009.
Please note that only the NOII/BookViewer web product is impacted by this customer migration. Information contained in NOII/Bookviewer web product is currently and will remain available as part of the TotalView data feed product following the completion of the migration.
Is there a price difference between DataStore and the legacy NOII/BookViewer application?
Because it uses a more recent version of the TotalView-ITCH formats, the DataStore product is priced slightly higher than the legacy NOII/BookViewer application. For NOII and BookViewer data, DataStore charges $76/month for professional users and $15/month for non-professional users.
What do I need to do to convert to NASDAQ DataStore?
NASDAQ OMX sent a directed email message on Thursday, November 6, 2008, to NOII/BookViewer subscribers with instructions on how to convert to the DataStore product. If you need to have the instructions resent, please contact NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307.