The launch of Nasdaq ModelView represented a unique milestone in market data as Nasdaq became the first market center to provide insight into the market’s full liquidity, including reserve and hidden interest. ModelView provides a minute-by-minute summary of the total order interest, displayed order interest and hidden order interest at each price point for Nasdaq- NYSE- and NYSE MKT-listed issues. Data is available on a T+10 basis.
Benefits & Features
ModelView is designed to provide insight into liquidity for Nasdaq’s U.S. markets by:
- Helping to improve efficiency of algorithmic trading applications and smart order routers
- Enhancing pre- and post-trade transaction cost analysis
- Highlighting Nasdaq market center liquidity in the full range of U.S. equity securities including NYSE- and MKT-listed issues
- Providing displayable and reserve depth data on an aggregate basis for all price levels in Nasdaq on a T+10 basis
For Nasdaq-, NYSE- and MKT-listed issues, the ModelView data product carries the following data elements on a T+10 basis: Issue Symbol, Time, Side, Price and Hidden Volume.
Data Delivery Options
ModelView files for the current business month are available for download via a secured FTP interface or secured website interface.
Historical ModelView data files dating back to June 2005 may be ordered per a special request.
Please refer to the U.S Equities Price List for pricing information.
Agreements & Forms
To order this web-based data product, firms must submit the appropriate documentation and receive prior approval from Nasdaq:
- Data Feed Request Form - Required for all firms
- Nasdaq Global Data Agreement - Required for all firms prior to initiation of the first Nasdaq data service only
- System Application - Required for firms only if the data will be displayed or used in a system that is not yet approved by Nasdaq
For the complete list of Nasdaq and UTP market data agreements and forms, please refer to the Nasdaq Global Data Products Agreements and Forms page.